Thursday 29 July 2010

A little about me

My dissertation was on the application of empathic care ethics in healthcare, so essentially it boils down to bioethics and feminist ethics. I also take an interest in phenomenology (analysis and reflection on the structure of consciousness), metaphysics (the being of the world), and the philosophy of social science, with the obligatory interest in ancient philosophy.

So, you may be able to guess what sort of things might appear in this blog. I have a few ideas as to what I want to write about, but I will hopefully be able to keep the blog posts short. One of the things which I believe prevents a lot of people from taking an active interest in philosophy is that a lot of texts contain far too many technical terms, they presume a philosophical background and generally are too long.

The aim of this blog is to be an easy, enjoyable read. Open to everyone, regardless of your "level" of philosophy, and with the ultimate aim of opening philosophy to the greater public.

As Plato said "There is only one good, which is knowledge, and one evil, which is ignorance". So this blog will work towards the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment